These are a favourite in our house, no messy melting Chocolate, no poncey ingredients, just everything to hand in your cupboards kinda baking, right up my street. I swear no matter how I manage to misread the recipe, not follow the instructions etc it still seems to work and they taste spot on every time. So without further ado I present to you (Drumroll please)
Rustic Chocolate Brownies
Makes 24 small cupcake size Brownies
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 Cup Cubed Butter
3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract (Essence/Artificial stuff is fine)
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
Bag of Mini Rolos/ Mint thins
Preheat Oven to 350F (160C)
1. Shove Sugar, Butter and Cocoa in a saucepan on Low heat stirring often until melted, take off heat.
2. Beat Eggs one at a time (I always forget this so beating together works fine) add Vanilla Extract then pour into Cocoa mixture.
3. Mix Flour and Baking Powder together then add to Brownie Mix.
Don't fret if you throw the Baking Powder and Flour straight into the Cocoa mixture, I do it all the time and it still works :) this Recipe is pretty fool proof even for the Cooking illiterate like my good self!
4. Spoon into small (not tiny though) cupcake cases and bake for 10 mins.
5. When fresh from the oven and still hot, pop a Rolo/Hersheys Kiss/Mint thin chunk in each one.
Thinking that my cooking is a little haphazard?, messy?, unruly? we have a catch-all word in our house that covers all errors, anything slightly skewiff, wonky, not quite like the photo in the instructions, we call it Rustic, it's delightfully homespun and handbodged but I love that word and now that I've introduced you to it, feel free to embrace it, grab hold of it with both hands and use it lavishly, at any opportunity to add a flourish, to your cock-ups.
Hmmmmm Rustic rustic rustic :)