Now I'm not going to lie this little number caused me no end of issues and I took it apart more times than I care to think of until last night it all just clicked, I knew that I wanted to make it into a dress but it ended up being too short, until I remembered I had discarded the front facing from the waist down which ended up making a perfect waistband Phew!!
I added baby Rick Rack to the neckline and waistband, threw in a few inverted pleats, a couple of buttonholes and miraculously was able to locate 3 matching buttons which in my house is nigh on a miracle.
Anyway, all recycled, nothing new and the buttons and trim from stash, the Dress initially cost me a whole $1 so this was a super cheap recon that fits me like a dream and I am absolutely in love with, so come on Canada enough with the snow alreday, gimme some Spring!!!
In case you need reminding about how awful it was to begin with, here's the before shot.