I love anything teeny weeny and what's cuter than a teeny house? I had some Polystyrene packing pieces I wanted to find a reuse for so I carved a square shape, gave it a roof and got to work engraving/embossing a little house, it's extremely wonky (I'm gonna claim that's my style!) but I had fun, rescued something that can't be recycled and added one more teeny house to my collection,
Round the back
Want to make your own?
- Make a small box from Cardboard (cereal boxes are perfect) Matchboxes would be great for this if you have some to hand.
- Lean on something soft to get the crispest embossed picture, Styrofoam or craft foam works.
- Embossing and special cutting tools not required, a Dried out ballpoint pen works, or a Toothpick, and cut with plain old scissors.
- When it comes to gluing I Hot Glue gun everything, and it turns out Polystyrene melts! (Durrrr) so using just Polystyrene without a box around it will make it hard to glue. Pop the polystyrene into the box then wrap your tooled foil around it, then gluing is a cinch.
- I just folded each edge almost like gift wrapping, if it's too bulky just snip a bit off.
- Sharp edges? make them blunt by leaning the pokey bits on a hard surface.
Having played with the foil I now want to get hold of some Aluminium flashing, the foil creased way too easily so it's time to bring out the big guns!