Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Advent Calendar Garland


 

 
So excited for Christmas to come I could squeal. 
 
This project has been a while in the making, and until it was finished and up I wasn't even sure it was going to work, and for a while it was up and still didn't work, but it does now, just don't let on to the little guy that the bags are only filled with polyfil for now at least.
 
Made from cereal boxes, Dollar store garden twine, clothes pegs, Can of Gold spray paint (Montana Gold brand) and assorted Christmas fabrics either thrifted or gifted to me (thanks Nan and Spidermom). 25 Gold stars fashioned from cereal boxes, 24 (for now) little drawstring pouches from 4 different Christmas fabrics and embroidered with it's own number on.
 
Such a fun project the whole clan had a hand in and using only things I had to hand, it felt good to finally bust this one out. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What's that? only 24? I'm making a special bag for Christmas Day with some Gold fabric I had earmarked for the big day.
 
 
 
It's pretty simple to make but I could put together a tutorial if you fancied having a crack at one yourself.
 
Lot's more seasonal goodness coming up...
Shared here:

2 comments :

Sarah Leonard said...

This looks lovely! And amazing to think you made it using cereal boxes :)

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

Jill said...

Beautiful advent garland - and I love that you made it from recycled and thrifted materials!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10