Friday, April 20, 2012

Ways with Vintage Maps - Washi Tape Notebooks


 

It's been ages since I did a recycled project and since I have (not surprisingly) a hoard of old and outdated Maps/Atlases hanging around, add some $1 store mini composition books, some double sided tape and bust them out into these 3 gorgeous and all slightly different notebooks.


I had the craziest time making these, the pages I used were just random but ended up being in the US (remember I'm from the UK)  and each time I added a stripe, I found names and places I'd lived in or my family lived in, I made one which ended up going to my Mum, when I looked closely it had her current city, the name of her favourite residence, not the city mind you, the actual name of the house, her Fathers name and when I looked at the back of the book it even had her name, not a common one either, it's Jeannette. Crazy huh. Not sure this would work the same for you if you're reading this from Kuala Lumpur mind you!!

And since you'll have some maps pieces leftover, even your parcel could get a little sprucing up, I found a globe in my Atlas but even a Flag would look cool too.


Wouldn't these make great Fathers Day gifts or a farewell gift for someone just about to go travelling.

Just working on a tutorial for these for you so watch this space...

4 comments :

spidermom said...

loving this series, gonna have to find myself an old atlas now :)

Corina said...

I love this idea! I'll have to try it one day. Bookmarking this post..

Unknown said...

Hey Ruby! I just wanted to share with you that I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog award! You can see my feature of you here: http://sewmantra.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your cool content!

Ruby Murray said...

Thanks Ladies, and thanks so much Martiel, let me just finish up with this series then I can properly acknowledge my award woohooo xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10