Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP IT 6 - Bedoilied Recycled Sweater pouches


Finally one more off my wip list, I'd been hoarding thrift store wool sweaters for a while and for my Mums birthday last year she asked for some little pouches to organise her makeup etc so I made her one of these (the very first one I ever made) as usual I cut out a few more (4 to be precise) and just never got round to finishing them off.

I loved working with felted wool, it has some stretch to it so is great for you newbie sewers if the two pieces don't line up exactly, also it's similair to using cheapo kiddy felt in that it doesnt fray so there are no ugly seams if you don't want to line something, or are starting out and not sure 'how' to line something. You can also sew using regular needles, thread, stitch length, no special feet, simple. Oh and of course it's recycyling, my fave.

The mini floral pattern is crocheted with plain cream Cotton on the largest pouch (which would not sit attractively despite much stuffing!!) the two smaller pouches have a cream with gold running through it.

I'd ummed and ahhed about adding some vintage buttons to these as I did to my Mums original gift but these I couldn't decide on, but they're done and I can finally cross them off my wip list Yipppeeee




I must also let you know that I've had the loveliest week, I've been nominated for two awards by two amazing bloggers, both sewers too. I'll be blogging about this later and sharing their link with you so you can check them out too, I want to give them more than a couple of lines on the bottom of a post y'know!

I've also been asked if I wanted to be 'featured', on another blog I love, get that, little old me being given a guest spot, but more about that tomorrow.

1 comment :

Ruby Murray said...

I always end up yapping too much in my post so please let me know if you'd like any more tips on sewing or even felting wool, I'm not an expert but I have done it so I can tell you how too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10