Sunday, December 26, 2010

Icky dress turned Delish






Now I've had this dress in my vintage stash for a while because it had 'something about it', incidentally this is also the same response I give to my hubby when he asks me of my opinion of a ruggedly handsome tv star, 'Hmmm, there's something about him darling'!
Anyway I digress, (already? good start!), I loved that this dress had some great Mod charm to it, and the great classic colour, you can't go wrong with Navy Blue right? but it's a little too minimalist. I do not subscribe to the less is more school of embellishment, I'm a more is the new black kind of girl, but for this piece I managed to dial it back.
I started by whipping off the pockets, taking it in a good few inches either side and raised the hemline by a good 4 inches! I had some perfect Crochet lace for this that I'd had for an age with no idea what to use it for, so I followed the seaming around the neck, added some around the hem and Bob's your Mothers Brother (Translation: UK speak for Eh Voila) it was a super cute mini.
Sadly I have to wait until Spring/Summer to wear it as it's pretty snowy here in Alberta.
So let me know what you think, I am prone to flattery, compliments, feather fluffing and all other kinds of niceness, and like I said, less is definitely not more!

1 comment :

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

Cute refashion!I fall into the more is more camp too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10